Here is instruction on how to use Hitsteps on phpBB platform:
- Sign up for a Hitsteps account.
- If you already have an account,
login to your
- Add your website name to Hitsteps and
you will be given an Hitsteps API Code
- If you already added your website, Open My Sites page
and click on Setting button of your website name.
- Copy Hitsteps Tracking Code, not api code ( highlight code
using mouse left click and then press Ctrl+C )
- Open your site FTP
- Open phpBB folder and then Styles/<THEME>/template/overall_footer.html
where <THEME> is your currently activated theme.
- You might need to copy file somewhere as backup incase things gone
- Open overall_footer.html using a text editor ( e.g. Notepad )
- Find </body> at end of file.
- Paste the Hitsteps Tracking code before </body>.
- Save file.
- Upload file and overwrite it on your FTP.
- Clear cach through the ACP ( Last button under Board Statistics ) to