Here is instruction on how to use Hitsteps on Zencart platform:
- Sign up for a Hitsteps account.
- If you already have an account,
login to your account.
- Add your website name to Hitsteps and
you will be given an Hitsteps API Code
- If you already added your website, Open My Sites page
and click on Setting button of your website name.
- Copy Hitsteps Tracking Code, not api code ( highlight code
using mouse left click and then press Ctrl+C )
- Log into your Zencart source code editor (either FTP or other plugins).
- Find your template footer file which should be located in a folder with following structure: includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_footer.php
- Take a backup of this file just in case
- Scroll down to end of the file and you will find </body>
- Paste Hitsteps tracking code which you copied earlier before that </body>
- Save the changes/upload edited template file.