If your business operates in multiple languages, or perhaps produces content in several languages then you will realize the importance of accurate and correct translations. Accuracy is necessary to your business and you need to ensure that you get the right service provider that ensures you receive top-quality results each and every time. There are lots of services out there that claim to provide accurate language translations, but, do they actually? Lots of services are cheap and cheerful, perhaps only providing you with around 75% accuracy, which is simply not enough. If you are trying to run and grow a business that requires media and content translating into several languages then you need a provider who guarantees accuracy and strives for perfection. You don’t get another chance to engage or impress potential customers, so get it right first time with correctly translated content. Here are some tips on how to do this.
Choosing Your Provider
Poor translations will end up costing you time and money. Inaccurate translations can also lose you customers, who may choose to go with another business that offers more accurate and engaging content, so, with this in mind you need to make the right decision for your business. You need to utilize reviews and recommendations from other users and then also contact providers directly to ask further questions if you are still unsure as to which provider to use. Getting first-hand information and knowledge will allow you to make an informed decision.
Starting Your Search: Questions To Ask
When you begin your search for multimedia translation services it is essential that you know what questions to ask. From cost to accuracy, the more information you gather will ensure you get the best provider for your business, so start by finding out the following:
- How accurate are the translations? Ideally you will look at translation services that are checked by human translators as well as by artificial intelligence, just to ensure that important/essential information or data has not got lost in translation as can sometimes happen.
- What is the turnaround time? How long until you have a translation sitting waiting to be uploaded to your site or platform? Does the turnaround time change depending on whether it is an audio file or a video file? If translation time is longer than a day you should probably be looking at other providers.
- Can captions and transcriptions be added on? Do they offer this, and if so, at what cost? Captions can help content feel more user-friendly and can help reach users you may have missed before.
- Do they speak your language? This is very important; for example, do they cover the local language that you want to use and are the results just as accurate?
- Finally, what file type is the translation returned to you in? Can they accommodate the file type that you use? It may sound trivial, but time spent changing file types around is time that is lost and missed on growing, and running your business.
Follow the above advice in order to successfully run and grow your business.